The other day I woke as usual in the morning. Mom was out of station so wasn’t expecting a bed tea. After dragging myself to brush I opened my eyes to find the sun hadn’t turn up on time. I could think of two possible explanations:
1. The Earth had stopped rotating and I didn’t live on the lucky side of the planet.
2. Quite unlikely but I woke up early.
Naturally I decided to first check on the rotation of the Earth. So I threw my pillow hard towards terrace to see if there was any change in the Coriolis Effect. Unfortunately, I didn’t have a controlled pillow and terrace on a planet I knew was rotating, so the test was inconclusive. Neither had I any inclination to build Foucault pendulum.
I moved to plan B and decided to check the time. This was easier. All it required was to find the hour and minute hand on my wristwatch.
Oops. I had accidentally woke up at 5 AM.
I am not quite a morning person these days. I really need to strain hard to remember when last time I saw sunrise. The whole day I kept on feeling like having too much time to spend ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment